The Greek painter Giorgio Pol. Ioannidis was born on 6th August 1956 in Thessaloniki.
- 1974–1980: He studied at the ‘Architettura di Venezia’ and at the ‘Accademia di Belle Arti di Venezia’ under the supervision of Emilio VEDOVA, the renowned, pioneer Venetian painter. He also studied Artistic Human Anatomy under Neto FIORENTIN.
- 1980–1985: He continued his studies at the ‘Accademia di Belle Arti di Firenze’ with Silvio LOFFREDO as his tutor of Painting and Domenico VIGGIANO as his tutor of Scenic Design.
- 1985: Diploma di PITTURA with a unanimous ‘Excellent’ mark in the subject of Painting. He was also granted a praise as an exceptionally talented artist.
- 1982–1984: He apprenticed in the studio of Pietro ANNIGONI, the Florentine world-famous portrait painter.
- 1978–1994: Exclusive designer in the biggest Greek Industry of modern, handmade carpets.
- For more than 25 years, he taught Painting, Freehand drawing and History of Art.
- Throughout his lifetime he relentlessly paints with his unique creative style so producing genuine works of art where quality cannot be compromised. George Pol. Ioannidis’ art is a skilful combination of pictorial and abstract painting, which is characterized by an expressionistic emphasis and colour intensity. It embraces the whole history of art, having as a result a peculiar eclecticism, with surrealistic, symbolic and allegoric elements. He places man in the epicentre and gives priority to the feeling, visions and imagination. He studies in depth the great chapters of the life and death, the soul and the outer world, the agony and hope.
- The human figures in his art, which have an explicit allegorical purpose, are mostly presented nude; however, whenever they are dressed, then this is done in such a way that it recalls previous periods and different places. His interest focusing on the personality of man has led him to create many excellent portraits of famous personalities of literature and arts.
- In his paintings he uses the technique of superimposed color layers (La technique au Glacis), which had been developed in the Renaissance. The depth, the mystery and the unlikely richness of color tones could not have been achieved in his creations without the use of this technique. The completion of his painting projects is a very time consuming process resulting in a very modest annual production of tables in a year, about 6–7.
- He has presented his creative work many times, performing solo and group exhibitions in Public Galleries, Museums, Art Halls, Cultural Centers and private galleries. In 2010 he exhibited, at Casa Bianca in Thessaloniki, an important part of 40 years painting in the context of a major retrospective exhibition entitled “Compilation”. At the age of 12 he had his first personal exhibition, in Capsis Hotel in Thessaloniki.
- His creations are to be found at Municipal Galleries, in the Gallery of Academy of Fine Arts in Florence, in Vorres Museum, in Pierides Gallery in Athens, in State Museum of Contemporary Art in Thessaloniki, in the Gallery of Macedonian Studies Company of Thessaloniki and in many private collections in Greece and abroad.
- Several reviews, studies and articles have been written and published, about his paintings, from academicians, art historians, professors of painting in great Art Academies, poets, writers, art critics, and journalists. Art critics have unequivocally stated that having being exposed for so many years under the professional guise and guidance of famous artists, George Pol Ioannidis has in a true sense carried their spirit in producing the next generation’s masterpieces.